Thursday, July 31, 2014

Time Flys...

         Isn't the title true? Actually, maybe this blog post should be titled "Summer Flys," but in the end, the message is the same. Where has the summer gone? June was a lot of Disney preparation, and then, of course, the band trip itself. The beginning of July was a trip to Northern Wisconsin with the High School Band, but the rest of July? I have no idea. I guess the fair was a week of July and I was occupied with that, and when I wasn't at the fair I was at work... or at a friends house watching my new favorite TV show series. Other than that, tomorrow starts August and I really don't know what to think of that. I like it because band events start back up, but it is kind of difficult to build my schedule because of that, but I make it work. You always make it work. When you have a passion for something like I do for band, it comes first. Even before your job... because your job will always be there, the workforce will always be waiting, but high school band and the experiences that come with it are priceless. The month of August is also good because my birthday is coming soon, but along with a birthday comes a birthday list... one that gets more expensive every year. This year was a little bit different because I really didn't know what I wanted to ask for. Last year I asked for my own alto saxophone which I got with the help of my amazing band director, but this year when I sat down and honestly thought about what I wanted at a reasonable level of course (excluding a car and all those other super expensive items) I really couldn't come up with much. I think the main thing I asked for was clothes for my Senior pictures. I am intentionally getting my Senior pictures taken very late in the year. I wanted fall Senior pictures and because I was selected for a "Senior Model Session" at a local photographing center I already have photos that are available to use for the yearbook. In late September I am going to go on an adventure with the wonderful people at Countryside and my family and really anyone who wants to tag along, and head up north in the fall with the Menominee River, and the beautiful trees and nature. I got my indoor pictures taken, enough of that, my band pictures are done and I don't have any other super great ideas for props so with the outdoors we are going to go! 
Getting back on track, my birthday list is kind of being left up to my parents this year which makes it all that more exciting, but along with my birthday in August comes another special birthday! My friend Jonathan has a birthday exactly one week after mine :) Now, here is where we run into a problem. The only time I have gotten him a gift was when his sister picked it out, handed it to me and said "Here Jonny would like this!" I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO GET HIM! He can't drive anywhere so its not like gift cards would be a big help. I have no idea I seriously just don't know. I'll figure it out... some how. After August comes starting school, back to the work grind and everything that will make to be my last year of High School. All I want is the best for everyone. I am not only leaving all of MY family and my friends, but I am leaving a friend who I consider a brother, and his entire family as well. It is going to be hard, but goodbye is not forever and I hope to be within distance that I will be home for band concerts and other special events. I just want to cherish the moments that I have left with the people around me because I love them so much because a year will go by in the blink of an eye and pretty soon my life will change. I am going to do my best to make it a happy year. A year full of laughs and memories and times to cherish and treasure, but for now, in the words of the band director at UW-Madison: "Thanks for the memories!" 


Keep Calm and Visit "Home"
Where ever that may be for YOU!

A.B 

No comments:

Post a Comment