Friday, August 1, 2014

A Day With Family!

       Well, I woke up this morning to the sound of the phone ringing and my mom telling my that a co-worker was sick, so the boring day that I planned turned into a hard working day pretty quickly. I went to work until about 2:30, came home and took a nap, and then my family grilled out for dinner and made a bonfire in our back yard. As we were sitting around the fire, my mom and I got on the topic of talking about Disney seeing as how recently my high school band traveled to Florida. We were looking through some of the pictures on my phone when I came across some pictures I took of the castle at Magic Kingdom. My mom then told the story for about the hundredth time about how when she was little would watch all the Disney movies with the castle and as a young girl always dreamed about seeing the bedrooms and halls of the castle and so when she traveled to Florida she was very disappointed in it, as she found out the castle is similar to a tunnel even though it tells a neat story. I was texting my friend, Lizzie, at this time and I mentioned how I should facetime her so that she could hear this story for herself. Naturally, my mom didn't know what facetime was so Lizzie and I felt the need to demonstrate. Well, we facetimed and talked about much more than just the castle, but anyway my mom got to share her disappointment once more. After fighting off many mosquitoes I decided I should move inside where I am now writing this blog post. 
       I have been direct messaging one of my close teachers Mr. Steltz about choosing a confirmation sponsor, and to be honest this task was a lot more difficult than I had thought it to be. Maybe it is because I am very picky about these types or things, or maybe its because a lot of my family and people I know are different religions or don't practice their faith as much as what is needed for this. I am going to think on it for a night, but I really do trust Mr. Steltz and I am 100% comfortable talking about my faith and feelings with him and so I think he is going to be my choice, provided he accepts. I'm kind of nervous. I shouldn't be, but I am. Most of my friends are already confirmed, but this isn't just a month ordeal and then it's over. No. Not at all. This is a lifetime, a commitment that I have to make, a journey that I have to take and I know that it is going to take more than one sponsor to get me through it all. I'll save the rest of how I feel about this for another day, just because I'm not quite sure what this journey has in store for me, but I won't know because it isn't up to me. It is left solely up to God.

Keep Calm and Visit "Home"
Where ever that may be for YOU!

A.B  

No comments:

Post a Comment