Thursday, August 21, 2014

Combined Blog Posts

          Today's blog post is a combination between yesterday and today. I would like to start off by saying happy birthday to my best friend Jonny! Yesterday, Jonny had his birthday celebration with friends and we went out to dinner and then to smart cow, and came home to watch a movie. I'm not going to go through the whole day just because it really was just overall a great time! A while ago my friend, Lizzie, introduced me to something called "Disneybounding" its pretty much where you take a Disney character, theme, or place and dress with similar colors and accessories. Yesterday, I did a Frozen disneybound, and well I will admit that it wasn't perfect, it was one of my better ones. The ironic thing? Lizzie Disneybounded as Olaf FROM Frozen! As previously mentioned it was a fabulous time and my birthday wishes go to Jonathan today in hopes that he had a phenomenal birthday celebration and actual birth day. May all your wishes come true! 
           Here comes for the scary part of the blog post. I woke up this morning to my mom holding my dog (he is probably about 6) and she told me something was wrong with him. He wasn't normal, he was bleeding and it was just bad. Mom called the vet and we had to go to work, so we went to work, but mom came back every couple hours to check on him. Eventually we came to figure out that he somehow ate something that he wasn't supposed to and it did not agree with him. He could hardly walk, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink and we really did think he wasn't going to make it. As the day progressed he got a little better, he barked when we got home, was able to walk, yawned, ate a small bite of bread from my hand, but was still very weak and mopey. We brought him in and they ran a series of tests. Pretty much, whatever he ate inflamed his intestines and stomach and so they gave us a whole bunch of medication and a plain soft food diet to feed him. He gets two syringes twice a day, and a pill twice a day. He took the medicine fairly well when we got home, and I have spent the rest of the evening holding him and feeding him, slow, small, spoonfuls of canned food. He has certainly improved and is on the road to recovery, the vet just said we have to treat him like a baby for the next few days, but like I said he has improved, a lot. So yea, that was the excitement for the day today, and the only reason I am actually able to type this blog post is because he actually decided to lay on the ground to take a nap. Get well soon Snickers! 

Apologies for the short post again this evening, but overall I'm just exhausted right now :) 

One last time, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONNY! 

Oh, and 133 is the count, for those who know what I'm talking about ;)

Keep Calm and Visit "Home" 
Where ever that may be for YOU!

A.B

No comments:

Post a Comment