Friday, August 22, 2014

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

              I knew it was coming. I knew that some day I would be nominated for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Well, it happened. My lovely friend Jonathan was so kind to nominate me! I wanted to do it, don't get me wrong. It is for a GREAT cause, but I've been trying to avoid it at the same time. Well, I was nominated and this morning my friends at Subway decided it would be a good idea to do it then. Sure. I agreed, I had to do it sometime today anyway! So, there I stood with the camera on in front of the highway in the parking lot with customers watching me from inside. I did the intro stating that I was nominated by Jonathan and then proceeded to nominate a ton of people. Yea i know, people sometimes only nominate one, but in my eyes the more the merrier! So I nominated a good friend, Emily. My high school band director Mr. Alban (he has 24 hours from the time he watches the video), any members of the SHS Band that haven't already done it, and the staff at Subway. We are having an ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with the Subway staff on Tuesday after our staff meeting. So yes, its a lot of people and you can try to avoid it all you want, but the truth is, do it. It is fun, just the thrill and the cold, and to know that you are helping someone with ALS warms your heart. God Bless those with ALS and I hope the legacy of the Ice Bucket Challenge lives on and I hope people really do participate because it's worth it, it truly is. 
            Tonight, I am going to the Packer game, which is why I am blogging in the afternoon and not before I go to bed. It should be fun, but I have to work tomorrow and with that and taking care of the dog, I've got my hands full. Snickers is getting better, slowly. He is very tired and not really super excited about anything, but he is on a lot of medication. He hates it. These syringes are so difficult to get in his mouth and he wont eat the powder I put in his food. He wont eat food..... because he smells the medicine mixed in. Not even rice, but we are working on it. 
             My two best friends are moving into college pretty much as I type this blog post. I wish you both the best of luck this year! I'll miss you, so visit often, and just think.... Disney. Good luck ladies at SNC and good luck to all of my other friends that are starting college, to think it will be me in one year is pretty freaky, but it seems like a good challenge! :) 
           

But for now, 

Keep Calm and Visit "Home" 
Where ever that may be for YOU! 

A.B

No comments:

Post a Comment