Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Jumble: We Call It Life... and my birthday!

        There seems to be a reoccurring theme in my blog posts. They are never about one solid thing they are always about me catching up and jumbles of random information. I give credit to anyone and everyone who does the whole "daily blogging" thing because to be honest, I wouldn't be able to do it if I wanted to. I don't even know where to start this blog post, not to mention where it is going to lead to (probably me ranting or venting or some mushy message about senior year), but I'll give it my best shot! 
          Well, August 14th was my birthday. Dad had to work so I spent the day with mom and grandpa and then we went out to dinner at Prime Quarter for dinner when Dad got home. The thing that makes me different from the majority of my friends is those "family like" occasions because truth be told, they are different in every family. My birthday celebration has never stopped after my birthday. Its more like a birthweekend, if that even makes sense. My actual birth DAY is reserved for family. Always has been, always will be. That is the day where I am forced to say "sorry friends, can't plan anything ON my birthday," but I've grown up with it that way, so I'm used to it. Usually, I plan a day where I have some friends over, and then we have a separate day, usually on a weekend, that the family comes over. This year, however, was a bit different. My friends decided that we would do something together the day after my birthday (Friday), a day we all happened to be free! Instead of me inviting them over to my house and having to be the hostess, I was informed that I should be ready to leave my house at 4 P.M on Friday and I would be getting picked up. For those who know me, you know that I am odd and I hate surprises. I hate opening presents in fear that my reaction won't be what the person had wanted it to be, and as outgoing as I am, I don't like everyone starring at me, just waiting for my reaction. I asked the usual questions like "What should I wear" and "Who is all going to be there" and I got the answers fairly easy, but there was certainly some "classified" information involved that I wasn't able to know. The big one? Where we were going. So after waiting almost a full week for this birthday surprise, 4 o'clock rolled around on Friday and my friends pulled up and I got in the car. I figured we were going to dinner somewhere, but yet again, they told me to just hold tight and wait. After the short car ride to Green Bay and some odd conversation about Star Trek, we pulled into Grazies and for those who again know me well, I have never been to Grazies before. I enjoyed it... a lot! All of my friends and I did find it ironic that our waitress put us in the back room! We ate dinner and headed back to Seymour, where we went to my friend, Lizzie's house. She makes the best cupcakes on the planet. Give her a flavor and she can do it, anything from Churros to Grey Stuff can be turned into cupcakes by her! Its great! I had requested Grey Stuff cupcakes, which for those who have been to Disney World know that this is a popular dessert at the Be Our Guest dining experience. They were delicious, they made me blow out a candle and sang the shortened version of my birthday song!  ;)
Then came the time, presents were presented and I sat under the glare of my best friends. 
To make a long story short, it took me approximately 10 minutes per persons gift to open, but when I did it was 100% worth it! I love everything I got, quote frames, pictures from Disney, scarves, Season 1 of Once Upon A Time. It was great. Seriously people. Great. We then watched Star Trek and winded down by watching movies and episodes of Chuck before it was time to give hugs, say goodbyes and thank yous and get a good nights rest. I would like to take the time right now to publicly thank Lizzie, Megan, and Jonny for being a part of this wonderful experience and being the best friends a person could ask for. All three of them have been there for me through the good times and the tears and I couldn't be more thankful! THANK YOU! I have run out of words to express how much I appreciate what you all have done and continue to do for me each and every day. We have had so many unforgettable memories and you are all like family to me so again, thank you so much! 

Well, that concludes my blog post for the evening so don't forget:
Keep Calm and Visit "Home" 
Wherever that may be for YOU! 

A.B

No comments:

Post a Comment