Sunday, September 14, 2014

SNC Day!

               This year my two best friends started their Sophomore year in college at St. Norbert. One thing that is key to a friendship, is communication... If you don't fight for each other and you don't do everything in your will power to visit when you can, it isn't going to end well. Sad, I know, but at the same time it's true. I have pretty much vowed to go to St. Norbert for SNC Day every year. It is my one chance that I get to go visit them, however, this year I almost didn't make it. It just so happens that every year SNC Day falls on the city wide rummage sale and having a job, I am often needed for events that occur within the city limits. After a whole lot of waiting, and pulling a few strings I happily informed my friends that I wouldn't be missing SNC Day this year! Not this year and not the next two either, I will always be there for these ladies. 
                This year I met some new college friends, saw some new buildings, and shared the same laughs that will never get old. They make me feel so welcome, by the end of the day I felt like I was best friends with their room mate! Lizzie's brother and parents were there as well and they went off on their own for the majority of the day and I remember a point in the day where Jonny asked me if I was going to come with him, and I had to tell him no. SNC Day is for my ladies :) I did not go to SNC to visit with friends that I can see everyday at home. I recall Megan saying "She really does love us!" OF COURSE I DO! You ladies mean the world to me, I couldn't do it without you! I can't express enough how these wonderful women have shaped me to be who I am for the better. I miss them every day. Even when we facetime or text all day long, its just not the same as having them by my side. 
                 Lizzie and Megan, I want you both to know that I will forever be here for you, no matter where life takes us. Go out there and make something big of yourselves ladies and I'll do the same. You have both served as a huge inspiration to me since day one, and I hope in some way some how I have helped you too! Your concert was great last night and words cannot express how much I love you ladies! Everything from coming to visit me to the text messages in the middle of the night, it all makes me want to hold my head high and be who I am. I can not wait for the next time we get to see each other all together again! Thank you for all you have done and everything you continue to do each day! You will always be my mates! 

Keep Calm and Visit Your Friends
No matter how far away they are from you! 

A.B

No comments:

Post a Comment