Wednesday, September 10, 2014

We Live and We Learn

               Recently, one of my best friends and I got into an argument. Okay, let me start that again. Recently... I got upset with one of my friends, but you want to know something? I said something super super powerful today and the quote goes like this "We are human, we all hurt each other and that's natural, but it's how we treat each other after we've been hurt that matters." So yes, I was upset with my friend for a while based on some of the actions this person made, however, it's over now... We worked it out like friends do, and it is only how we treat each other now that truly matters. Something I think that it's valuable to remember is that sometimes there is a little truth in every joke that we tell. Not always, but sometimes. 
                I haven't blogged in a few days... I guess its my fault, but I really have been just trying to get back into the swing of things again with school and with homework and a job, plus my normal life and family, that doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of time for blogging and I know other people are feeling this too... it just feels good to write again. 
                  If you can't tell by the frequent topic changes my mind is going 100 mph and can't stay focused on one meaningful thing for more than 5 minutes. Recently, the high school band had our first performance for halftime, however, due to the gross weather we performed on the track standing in V formation instead. We received many great compliments and every year the fireworks during the Star-Spangled Banner never fail to make me jump. We have a couple more performances, but before we know it homecoming will be here. Homecoming. Well... its senior year so we might as well make the most of it! "Band night" also happens to land on homecoming again this year, but that just makes it all the more fun! Then, we make our transfer to concert season, which personally is my favorite part of band. Don't get me wrong, I love pep band and parade marching, but this drill chart deal just doesn't flip the switch for me. 
                Well, I should probably get back to my pile of homework that sits on my desk as well as some emails that I have yet to send! 

But for now, 

Keep Calm and Visit "Home" 
Where ever that may be for YOU!

A.B 

No comments:

Post a Comment